ORANGEFIELD HIGH SCHOOL MARCH STUDENT OF THE MONTH
Last updated 3/20/2018 at Noon
Bridge City, Texas, March 20, 2018 – The Bridge City Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that the March Student of the Month for Orangefield High School is Zachary Dischler. Zachary was presented his certificate and gift bag by Bridge City Chamber Ambassador Christy Khoury, Orange County Treasurer, at the March coffee hosted by RE/MAX ONE Bridge City. He received gift certificates and gifts from: The Classy Peacock, COS Printing, Wellspring Credit Union, Tiger Rock Martial Arts of Bridge City, Bridge City Bank, Sabine River Ford, Sabine Federal Credit Union, Complete Staffing, Bridge City Walmart, Neches Federal Credit Union, Best Day Spa, and Five Point Credit Union.
Zachary is the son of Kelly Colburn and Stephen Dischler. He has a GPA of 4.7 and is ranked 5 of 109. Zachary’s awards and honors include:
- National Honor Society 2015-2018
- Big “O” awards in Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish 2, Pre-AP Chemistry, Honors Algebra 2, and Pre-AP English 1
- All District Basketball Honorable Mention 2015, 2016, and 2017
- All District 1st Team Football 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Orange Leader 1st Team Football 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Orange Leader 1st Team Basketball 2018
- 1st Team Academic All State Football 2018
Zachary’s clubs and organizations include:
- Varsity Football 2015-2017 – Team Captain 2016 and 2017
- Student Council Class Treasurer 2014-2018
- First Presbyterian Church in Orange Youth Group Member
- UIL Literary Criticism 2014-2018
Community Service and Work Experience:
- Amateur Athletic Union Basketball Team Assistant Coach 2017
- Orangefield High School Basketball Camp 2016
- Orangefield High School Football Camp 2015 & 2018
- Soup Kitchen 2014-2016
- Worked as a handy man in Orange County 2018
- Yard Work 2014-2018
Mrs. Bellard, Technology Teacher, said, “I am so very pleased to have the opportunity to teach Zach Dischler this year. He always strives to perform at his best, no matter the task. He is polite to both teachers and his peers. He has a positive outlook on life and will go far with the dedication and determination he brings to every challenge he meets.”
Mrs. Oregel, Calculus Teacher, said, “Zach has a great personality and he is a very hard worker. I enjoy watching him work with his peers, and try to think through problems.”
Coach Smalley, said, “In 20 years of coaching, I am not sure I can find a better example of what a student athlete is supposed to be like more than Zach.
He is truly a special young man that made my job something I looked forward to come to each day.
Zach is a hard worker, fierce competitor, humble respectful, and is a man of tremendous faith.
He has been raised the right way by his wonderful parents and grandparents.
They should all be proud of the young man that Zach has become.
He is a three-time all-district football player and was a member of four playoff teams.
Zach is also an all-district basketball player and helped lead the Bobcat basketball team to the playoffs this year.
With all he has done on the field and court, it fails to compare to the kind of person he is
After graduation, Zachary plans to attend the University of Texas and he will major in exercise science.
Pictured left to right: Christy Khoury, Kelly Colburn, Zachary Dischler, Counselor Candi Patterson, Superintendent Stephen Patterson, and Principal Zach Quinn.