Orange County issues Disaster Declaration & recommends Voluntary Evacuation
Last updated 8/27/2020 at 10:32am
Orange County Emergency Management
Press Release #1
August 24, 2020
- Orange County Judge John Gothia issued a Disaster Declaration for Orange County today. (see attached)
- County and City Officials are recommending a voluntary evacuation for all of Orange County and all of its Municipalities due to the uncertainty of
Hurricane Marco and Hurricane Laura's path.
- At this time Officials are issuing a mandatory evacuation FOR nursing homes ONLY.
- There is NOT a mandatory evacuation for Orange County Citizens at this time.
- Judge Gothia has directed the Orange County Courthouse and Non-Emergency Offices will close on Tuesday, August 24th , 2020.
- Emergency response office will remain open.