BCISD to provide free meals for 2021/2022
Last updated 7/6/2021 at 9:54pm
The BCISD Food Service Department is here to serve your children healthy and delicious meals while they attend BCISD. We offer some scratch made meals, a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and popular entrees daily for our students. All of our meals meet or exceed USDA and TDA nutritional guidelines, so your students will have the fuel they need to focus on learning throughout the day.
This school year, our district will be taking advantage of a USDA waiver that allows us to feed all students breakfast and lunch at no cost to families. All students are eligible for one breakfast and one lunch per day per federal guidance. Households will NOT need to complete a meal application like in previous years to qualify for this benefit.
Since second meals and a la carte food items are not covered under this waiver, there is a cost for these:
Prices for second meals and a la carte food items.
• $2.25 for a second Breakfast
• $3.75 for a second Lunch
• A la carte food items include second entrees, extra vegetables, extra fruit, and extra roll, variety of chips, drinks, ice cream, and cookies. The prices range from $0.50 and up to $5.00 for some specialty items at high school.
Meal Charge Policy
• Second meals / extra food / a la carte snacks are not allowed to be charged.
• Students must have money on their meal account to purchase second meals / extra food / a la carte snacks.
Meal Payments – for second meals / extra food / a la carte snacks
• Meal payments will be accepted each morning between 7:00 am and 8:30 am at the cashier station in the cafeteria.
• In an effort to speed the movement of the students in the serving line during lunchtime, meal payments will not be accepted during the lunch meal service.
• Online meal payment is available through ‘Lunch Money Now’ at https://www.lunchmoneynow.com/lmnbrc/splash.php
• For parents/students that do not want to use the online meal payment, parents may send meal money in an envelope/bag with student to school. Parents must make sure that their student’s name is clearly written on the envelope/bag. The front office at that campus will forward the money to the cafeteria.