Entergy and Summer high bills
Last updated 9/20/2022 at 1:49pm
A one-time $150 bill credit will be available for qualifying customers starting at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
All Entergy Texas customers can apply online through United Way of Greater Houston’s website for the one-time $150 credit on their utility bill. While an applicant may apply on a desktop computer, a mobile phone is required to receive the access code to verify account set up.
Applications will be processed and administered through the United Way of Greater Houston in collaboration with neighboring United Ways. The following documentation will be required to apply for the one-time credit:
• Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
• One of the following income options for each income earner age 18 or older:
• First page of 2021 tax return(s)
• 2021 W2(s)
• Last paystub(s)
• Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042S form(s)
United Way of Greater Houston’s online process will enable customers to upload these required documents to complete their application submission.
Additionally, Entergy Texas is implementing a series of measures to help our residential customers and communities through the high usage summer months, including:
• For July, August and September, credit card payment fees for all residential customers will be credited back to the customer’s account. Customers will receive credits for credit card fees through Oct. 1.
• Providing an additional $213,000 for bill assistance to The Power to Care. The Power to Care is an Entergy Texas program that is administered by local partner agencies to assist qualified senior customers and customers with disabilities. Learn more about the program here.
• Providing $170,000 to local partner agencies to help with bill assistance:
• Somerville Area Assistance Ministries
• Waller Assistance & Restoration Ministries
• Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas
• The Salvation Army Conroe Community Center
• The Salvation Army of Orange TX
• The Salvation Army Beaumont Corps
• Montgomery County Youth Services (Yes to Youth)
• Humble Area Assistance Ministries
• Instead of waiting for twelve months of satisfactory payment history, which is our usual practice, Entergy Texas is expediting $2.9 million in security deposits for more than 13,000 eligible customers.
• We continue to work with local partner agencies to provide support, including helping to distribute box fans through our Beat the Heat program and directing customers to organizations with Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs, or LIHEAP, applications.
• Employee volunteers and community partners will conduct energy efficiency and weatherization events in select neighborhoods that, on average, can save $600 on a customer’s annual bill.